There are currently two possible benefits of running BTFS, which are.
(1) The revenue from storage fees by opening Host mode to store files uploaded by others. When a renter (Renter) uploads a file to the BTFS network, he needs to pay BTT as storage fee to the Host that stores the file for him. The current default storage price is 3840 BTT/TiB/month, i.e. if a Host node stores a file of 1 TiB size for a full month, it will receive 3840 BTT in revenue. This revenue will be paid out at the end of the corresponding file storage contract, or on a monthly basis for the previous month, as shown in the "Revenue to date" area of the Host tab in the Host UI. The current payout may be slightly later than the "next payment date" shown in this area.
(2) In addition to the storage fees earned by storing files uploaded by others, BTFS has also launched a storage space contest. Each day, 15 million BTT will be dropped and divided among the nodes that have stored the files uploaded by the renters on that day according to their storage capacity. 30% of the reward will be distributed to the nodes on the same day, and the remaining part will be distributed on a weekly basis within 150 days, one copy in the first week, two copies in the second week, three copies in the third week, and so on. The stored files will be checked for completeness and validity before distribution, and the rewards will be awarded only if they pass the check. The principle of this rule is to encourage the long-term stable operation of Host nodes that have stored files, and the share of the reward will be bigger the later it is distributed. Please refer to the detailed explanation on the official website for the specific distribution rules.
(1) Adding a file produces a file hash, which is sent to the recipient. The recipient runs a BTFS node and then downloads it using this command line: btfs get file hash
(2) Using a gateway service provided by the project, fill the file hash with the URL: https://gateway.btfs.io/btfs/file hash and then download the link through a browser, etc.
3. If you run 10 different BTFS nodes under the same public IP, is it theoretically 10 times the gain, or is it only 1/10th of the gain per node?
Multiple BTFS programs can be run on the same machine, and we currently do not have a limit on the number of BTFS nodes that can be run from a single public IP.
If you encounter long time no automatic upgrade or automatic upgrade failure, users can refer to https://docs.btfs.io/docs/btfs-demo to install, or go to the github release page https://github.com/TRON-US/go-btfs/releases to download the executable for the corresponding platform file to replace it manually.
Yes. The default and correct practice is to use a different private key for each BTFS node (one private key for one wallet and one private key for one Peer ID). The result of multiple nodes using the same private key may be that none of these nodes are consistently accessible and all of them do not have access to the storage contract.
(1) BTFS nodes will periodically report data such as heartbeat, if the network is unavailable during the reporting period, then the online time score will drop, resulting in a decrease in Host score, when the Host score is less than 8 points will not get the storage contract.
(2) If the network is unavailable when receiving files or being checked for the complete validity of stored files, then the file storage or checking will fail, which will affect the corresponding revenue.
7. My BTFS node has been online and has a score of 10, but no contract; my BTFS node had a contract before and now it doesn't have one.
As long as the node exceeds 8 points that is, there is a chance of gaining revenue. Because of the large base of Hosts meeting the conditions (see the https://scan.bt.io website for specific numbers and other information), the probability of a Host getting a contract is uncertain, and the number of contracts will increase accordingly later as the BTFS community expands and uses increase, etc.
15 million BTT is airdropped every day. 30% of the rewards received by the node will be distributed on the same day, and the remaining part will be distributed on a weekly basis within 150 days, one in the first week, two in the second week, three in the third week, and so on. The stored files will be checked for completeness and validity before distribution, and the rewards will be awarded only if they pass the check.
Even if the contract file was not randomly stored the day before, but the node has the file stored normally, it will still receive the airdrop reward.
Before you can become a storage resource provider, you need to have a hardware device with at least CPU: 2Core; RAM: 2GB. Once the conditions are met, follow the steps below.
One, download at: https://www.bittorrent.com/
This address is the official address of the Bittorrent client. After opening the page, we find the Bittorrent Classic download button and click on it to download. After downloading the Bittorrent client, you no longer need to start the BTFS node via the command line, which is very friendly to users who are not very good at command line operations.
Second, after successfully installing the BT client, open the main panel of the BT client. Click Options>Settings>BTFS>Check Enable BTFS>OK. At this time the BTFS node will start automatically.
Install and run the BTFS node via command line, refer to, https://docs.btfs.io/docs/btfs-demo
10. I observed that a few miners aggregate the tron address can a few miners can get most of the rewards, what is the reason for this?
Many miners have more than one node, and they will keep starting new nodes. The number of nodes is directly linked to the airdrop rewards, i.e. the more nodes there are, the more rewards the airdrop will get.
Write the complete cheat address + reason for suspicion and send it to the official designated email address [email protected]. The team will carefully verify and block the airdrop reward processing for the confirmed cheating addresses, and blacklist the cheating addresses permanently so that they cannot continue to participate in mining activities.
The current host default price is 3,840 BTT/TB/Month. In order to protect the fairness of the current ecology, if the price is set below 3,840, no more contracts will be acquired; if the modified price is higher than 3,840, the number of contract files acquired will be reduced.
Currently, the new node synchronization time is usually around 30 hours. At the same time, the team is constantly optimizing the new node synchronization time.
(1) Manual update method: https://github.com/TRON-US/go-btfs/issues/1099
(2) Install V1.5.2 and above to automatically connect to the latest seed nodes.
After updating to the latest version, the Version Score will not increase immediately, usually around 1.5 hours, the Version Score becomes 1 point.
Updated about a month ago