BitTorrent File System (BTFS) is a next-generation file-sharing protocol in the BitTorrent ecosystem. BTFS v2.3.0 Mainnet, Ohm, was released by the BTFS team recently.
Updates of BTFS v2.3.0 Mainnet include:
- Supported the integration with the BitTorrent protocol
- Supported Multi-Token payment in vault contract and cheques.
BTIP-9: https://github.com/bittorrent/BTIPs/issues/9 .
- Upgraded the golang version of go-btfs to 1.18 or higher.
- Upgraded Online Proof v1 to Online Proof v2.
- If you want to build Ohm by yourself, you need to upgrade your golang version to v1.18 or above.
- if you want to use the feature of bittorrent cmd in Ohm, you need to have enough memory on your device. Whether to use bittorrent cmd to download files or to run it as a bittorrent client,you will need extra memory. An extra 1G may be enough, 2G will be excellent!
- Host's vault-contract should be upgraded to the new version. You need to make sure that there is enough balance in your BTTC address for the upgrade.
- Multi-Token payment is now available in vault contracts and for cheques. You can upload files, transfer tokens, and cash cheques with multiple tokens. As of now, WBTT, TRX, USDD_t, and USDT_t are supported by all hosts by default.
Useful links for BTFS v2.3.0 Mainnet-Ohm:
- Release note for BTFS v2.3.0 Mainnet: https://github.com/bittorrent/go-btfs/releases/tag/btfs-v2.3.0
- Dashboard repo for BTFS v2.3.0 Mainnet: https://github.com/bittorrent/btfs-dashboard
- BTFS website: https://www.btfs.io
- BTFS SCAN: https://scan.btfs.io
- BTFS documentation: https://docs.btfs.io
Please join our communities if you have any questions about the upgrade.
Updated 12 months ago